Difference between Cimplicity License and PPS License

adnan_hayat88

Hi,
Ive always worked with Machine Edition and Cimplicity and have a clear understanding of its License and its Limitation. Now I`m working on a project with Proficy Process Systems, 500 I/O with Cimplicity i.e Model: IC647PCL050.

I am not sure regarding the Points part. Will it only support 500 Cimplicity points or more. Please clarify.

Your question may not be clear to me, however IFAIK PPS does not have a "point" style licensing, only Cimplicity HMI/SCADA does. You will be able to program as many points as needed with PPS, but only use 500 of them within the Cimplicity system.

The license file shows Proficy Process Systems to be licensed for a point count of '500' whereas Cimplicity is licensed for unlimited points. Im still not sure what it implies.