New here

Szumi

Years ago, in frustration of trying to troubleshoot and keep running two St Lawrence forming presses, I took a 4 hour class on the SLC500. After a period of study in my office with a mock up I replaced the 26 relays, multiple cycleflex timers and counters with a SLC500 with interfacing relays on a Hoffman back plate that we jumpered into the control cabinet. I was given 8 hours for the conversion, we took 12, we didn't shut down GM as the pre-conversion timeline predicted. 43 rungs of plc code. I wish the stuff I have to deal with now was that small. I don't have the office anymore, just pushing a tool box now. Last two employers went bankrupt. I'll be here reading mostly tuning up my skill set. I need to work nine more years.

Last edited:
Welcome Szumi. Many of us are here because the things are so addicting and I get paid for playing with them! My website's motto - "Controlling your world , one contact at a time" - seems to be central to many who post here.