Replacing a 7DO435.7 Digital output module on the B&R 2003 system

alitar

Hello Everybody,

I am a novice regarding PLCs and i am hoping you can help me out in the following. Please feel free to correct me where i go wrong.

The PLC system in question is a B&R 2003 system composed of the following:
-One CP470.60 which is the CPU controller
-One AF101.7 analogue interface
-One DO435.7 digital output module
-Two DM435.7 digital mixed module
-Plus an industrial PC and operator display and command unit

Upon starting the system, we are getting 2 errors:
1-failure in initialization of CAN bus
2-failure in initialization of carriage (it is an injection molding machine, and the module controlling the carriage is the DO435.7)

We noticed that DO435.7 status LED labelled "U Ok" is not lighting up, despite presence of 24 volt. So we concluded that the module is defectuous, and are in the process of ordering another unit for replacement.

Now my question is, in replacing the DO435.7, do we need to configure it (download any software on it, or configure any addresses) or since the cpu unit CP470 is intact, we just plug it in?

Any advice is appreciated

Ali T.

do435.PNG