Crimson Complex Code

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all, I am very VERY new to using the Crimson Complex code and Program, functions. I am currently studying a C++ training disc for a beginning. I don't know the commands and what they all do (eg... Move, when, where, etc...) and how to create tags using the complex code and program options. I am also unsure of when and why to do so. I am trying to troubleshoot a system that has a RedLion HMI that uses complex code for many of the tags. Because of company policy I am unable to attach any of these tags, to give a good idea as to what I am working with, which is making this even more difficult. Does anyone here know of a site where I could get examples of complex code and what it does, as a way for me to learn?
Thank you

Please understand, I am not asking to be spoon-fed all the way through this, just enough to point me in the right direction and things to pay attention to, then I will have what I need to dig deeper and learn. Thanks again.

The scripting in crimson 3.0 is actually C# base. Mind you it is scripting and not a fully functional development environment. The manual has some good examples of basic usage and be sure to look at the reference manual for crimson specific commands and syntax.

The code must be called by a button push or on tick to be used. Unfortunately there is not a way to view progress of logic for debugging.

Mrplc.com has some good examples of software. But there isn't anything like a sample code database that I am aware. There is also a datalogging example program that uses complex code. That would get you an idea of the syntax. I'm not sure of the link but I'm sure it's floating around here somewhere and could be found with a google search.

Can you tell what you are trying to do with the tags. We may be able to give examples of how we would handle that job and you could then compare with what you have.