GE tcip commrec

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
I now know that my cmm321 cannot do EGD.. So is it possible to use a COMMREC to send from a cpu374 to a CMM321? I have tried the examples in the Ethernet manual but the COMMREC always faults.
Thanks,
Matt

The example was from gfk2382 page 107 and the settings were from page 91. The odd thing was I did not get any status always set to 0. In the 374 settings under modbus tcp there is no way to modify the parameters.??
I will post my cod in a minuet.

Which PLC is the COMREQ for? The command code is to establish an SRTP Read channel. If this is for the PLC with the CPU374, the SYSID of the COMREQ should be 1. If this is for the PLC with the CMM321 module, the SYSID value of 4 means that the CMM321 module should be in rack zero, slot 4.

I changed it to A 1 in the commreq. it's from the 374 to a cmm321 with a 350CPU. Not setup for srtp. I will try those settings. For some reason I am not getting any status from the commreq.

Also found that as per the manual task ID should be 21 for a 374. Changed that and no fault but no exchange of data. Also status word did not change?

The value of 199 at IN4 of your first BLKMOV establishes the COMREQ status word at %R00200. Is anything else in your program writing to that address? The values of 8 and 100 at the IN6 and IN7 nodes of the second BLKMOV specifies that the data you get from the server should be stored starting at %R00100 in the client PLC. Could anything else in your program be overwriting that data? Have you checked the %I status bits for the Ethernet port, specifically the sixteenth and 26th bits? The sixteenth is the LAN status. The 26th is the channel 5 status.

The value of 199 at IN4 of your first BLKMOV establishes the COMREQ status word at %R00200. Is anything else in your program writing to that address?
yes checked that and from changing parameters I got a 400 for a value now

Yes I have made sure that the other PLC has data in the registers and are not being written over.

Is there a comreq manual? I thought there was one to show all fault codes and setups of different commands.

COMREQ error codes are in chapter 11 of the manual you're using.
The value of 400 is hex 0190 which is identified as a timeout waiting for a response. You specified a server IP address of 192.168.1.132. Is the Ethernet port in the other PLC set up for that? Is the Ethernet port of the client set up properly?
No surprise that the channel shows up as OFF. You asked for 10 repetitions of the read command. By the time you looked at the status bits all 10 reps had probably timed out.

Last edited:
You specified a server IP address of 192.168.1.132. Is the Ethernet port in the other PLC set up for that? Is the Ethernet port of the client set up properly?

Yes 192.168.1.132 is the IP address of the cmm321 should I have an address for the server IP address?

When you specified the SYSID and the task code you defined the Ethernet port in the client. That port's IP address needs to be compatible with the IP address you specified for the server.
Are you directly connecting the two PLCs together or are your Ethernet cables going through a switch? If they are not going through a switch, try using one. I don't know for sure if its an issue in your case, but sometimes direct cabling can require a specific cable configuration (crossover or through). Switches sort those issues out for you.

That port's IP address needs to be compatible with the IP address you specified for the server.
when you say server what are you referring to?
Yes they are on a switch and can get online with each one via eithernet com on Proficy.