congrav CB plus and Clx via ethernet

mike_dr

I want to access the congrav CB plus through rslogix 5000 v 17 (or above) program and control the start and stop,read/write parameters, etc. Both are connected via ethernet switch. Does anyone know the link to the eds file mentioned in the manual plc interfaces "HILSCHER NETX 500-RE EIS V1.1.EDS" but I did not find such file in their site (hilscher.com)

Thank for your time

Hi

I don't know the device you are talking about but to set up a non Allen Bradley item on Ethernet IP you use a generic module and you need to fill out the 3 tabs with the correct values
You don't need the eds file for the unit but I do understand that it can give you some extra access.
In ver 20 or 21 not sure you can create a eds file fir Ethernet modules but I have not used this yet.

Donnchadh

It is an interface to a loss in weight feeder with digital and analog input and outputs.

That's the problem,there's no specific adress to set except the ip address. There is address 16 byte 01H - start feeder 02H - stop feeder but I do not have anything more

Last edited:
Mike, you'll have to contact http://www.brabender-technologie.com/ for any manuals or files relating to their hardware.

This past February, they were just getting EtherNet/IP for the Logix controllers set up. They did send me a sample setup program for V20 and CPL. I'll track it down tomorrow when I get back to work.

I have to set up a 5 feeder system in a week or so that has their OP12 HMI. It's TCP/IP and I tested it out with a ML1400 10 months ago on another system. Works real well. Just start, stop and changing feed rate % based on extruder screw speed.

Have to be careful on message setup going this rout and only trigger them when needed, otherwise these features in the OP12 panel wont work.
http://www.brabender-technologie.com/

If you want the V20.ACD file, I can post it or email it to you. You'll also need the manual to figure out what's going on. Maybe a few calls to tech also.

Last edited:
padees,
yes I would like your sample program and manuals since I haven't received a reply from brabender yet. my email is j m d r 0 3 @yahoo(dot)com, without the space. thanks man

conversion request

can someone convert this sample program to v19 or just post the screenshot of the message inhstruction settings? thanks

This is the extent of the program they sent me. Just the basic setup and a couple copy instructions. I am using a ML1400 for the OP12 on TCP/IP.
Congrav_zps8e550991.png