Bottle Fill & Covering & Boxing with Siemens S7-200 Help

genator

Hi all,

I have a project with steps below but I have some problems with it:

*When we push the start button, conveyor band will start.

*2 sensors in the front of filling unit will detect the dimension of the bottle and filling will be done.

*For small bottles filling will go on for 5 seconds on the other hand for big bottles it will go on for 10 seconds.

*After filling, the bottle will come to covering unit.

*While covering the band will stop for 2 seconds and after that process will go on.

*For final process, the bottle will come to boxing.

*In the left of boxing unit there are 2 pistons. The piston in the front will box small bottles, and the piston in the back will box big bottles.

*In the up of pistons there are 2 sensors again to detect the dimension of the bottles.

*When the bottle number reaches 10 in the boxes, system will stop, change the box and restart the process.

I have written the ladder diagram, simulated with s7-200 simulation program. But I got warning "The PLC is positioned in STOP; Instruction: TON T1,500"

Can anybody say where is my mistake?
On the other hand I couldn't do anything with the boxing part :( I will be glad if somebody advises something to do it.

I have added .mvp file of my program that I have written.

hello,
ring 5 : T1---> T33, PT=1000 (for 10s)
ring 7 : T2---> T34, PT=200 (for 2s)
excuse, no speak good english o_O

Thx for your help. It help for the first part of the question but I still get stuck in the last part (boxing part). Can anybody help with this

Maybe I could help. How do your Small Bottle and Large Bottle sensors operate? Do they both see a bottle at the same time, or are they physically sensing the bottle at different times (on the conveyor belt)? If they are in series on the belt, and the Large Bottle Sensor (limit switch type) can detect a large bottle but not a small, then the Large sensor should be placed first and if it sees Large but Not Small, then it should latch on "Large Detected" relay (that locks out the small sensor) so that the next Small sensor does not falsely indicate a Small when it is actually large.

On the other hand, if both sensors "see" a bottle at the same time, then your sensor logic should look something like this:

| Small Large Large |
| Sensor Sensor Detected |
|---| |---+---| |----------------(L)-----|
| | |
| | Large Large Small |
| | Sensor Detected Detected |
| +---|/|-----|/|--------(L)-----|

Last edited: