How to edit a page template in CITECT?

franciscoufa

Hello,

Does anyone know how to edit a page template in Vijeo Citect?

I am using an Alarm page template, but there are some buttons that it has I don't need and I want to delete or disable them.

Thanks,

Regards.

When I open up the template in Citect Graphics Builder and click on some buttons (like Back,Forward,Home,Login), the following message comes up: " This is a static symbol: xp_style.normal@-SXGA, To edit the symbol , open the library and edit the symbol in the library."

Best not to as if you update Citect it will overwrite the altered template. Make your own and save it as something else. Been caught out before and had to re-do a heap of pages.

For a lot of the standard Citect Templates, they are based on other Template pages. You have to 'drill down' to find the original template. In the Graphics Builder, open a Template, then go to File, Properties, Appearance tab. Under the Template box, that is the Style, Resolution and Name then open template is based on - With the Name field being the source Template. You have to then open that Template from the Name field until you can edit the buttons, etc. that you want. But BEWARE as BobB says, messing with these original templates is BAD. Your next Citect upgrade will overwrite them. Instead, as soon as you find the desired Template, save it as a new name under a new Style (that you create). Do this with every template you modify, and it will keep a Citect update from destroying your graphics.

Just like FLAengineer said ....oops did not read the whole thread.

Always rename and save any change you make. Make sure you save the template in your project tree.

See below.

see attached. If you open the source template, and still can't edit the buttons, go to Properties of that second template, and drill down another layer...

CitectTemplates.jpg