About Latching Timer

Mynul Boss

I want a such type of TIMER in Gx Developer which remain its running time when power failure occur, when power came the timer start from that stop time.

I understand it is Mitsubishi. Is it a Q, FX, etc. The FX has certain timers that are dedicated for this and with the Q or L series you set this up in the parameters.

Dave

I don't know which of the FX series PLC's you have but here is a screen shot of the manual for the FX3U and FX3G PLC's.

for FX 1S, Fx 1N etc.

Actually what i Want:
suppose you want to operate a fan for exact three(03) hours, if use timer its ok when power not interrupt BUT if power interrupt the timer may start from beginning but i want the fan run from that time when it stopped for power failure.

Thank u.

This is from the programming manual so you will need to use T246-T249 if you want a 1ms timer, and T250-T255 if you want a 100ms timer.

Also, a link to the manual:

http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/getfile.asp?ID=010000000000000001000000211602000

Hope this helps,
Dave

Thank u very Much. Can u help me for another problem??
Suppose i want to operate 2 fans, one is always running and other is run only at night. There is no problem if power is not interrupt but if power failure occur then time will may be changed. Have any type of timer or process to operate these fans smoothly? That means the timers are ON if there is no power supply.

Thank U

Retentive Timer T250 would be the best one to use - 100 mSec or 0.1 seconds time base (10 counts/second). But for 3 hours, you would need a count of 10 counts/sec x 60 sec/min x 60 min/hour x 3 hours = 108000.

If the T250 does not have that range (manual says Timer T250 would have a range of only 1 to 32767), then you would need to use two timers in series, or a timer and a counter, or a timer and a memory storage register where you add the timer value to a total each time the timer reaches its setting.

That means the timers are ON if there is no power supply.
That is not possible with internal PLC timers, unless you also keep your PLC active during a power failure. You can do that by adding a small UPS (uninterruptible power supply with batteries) to power the PLC.

The Retentive-type timer will freeze its last time until power is restored, then restart where it left off. I would think that if you are timing the running time of a fan, that the retained time of the last run would be what you want (not a timer that keeps running when the fan is not running). If retentive time is really what you mean, then simply use the Mitsubishi FX1N timer T250 (or any timer between T250 and T255).

Last edited:
Retentive Timer T250 would be the best one to use - 100 mSec or 0.1 seconds time base (10 counts/second). But for 3 hours, you would need a count of 10 counts/sec x 60 sec/min x 60 min/hour x 3 hours = 108000.

If the T250 does not have that range, you would need to use two timers in series, or a timer and a counter, or a timer and a memory storage register where you add the timer value to a total each time the timer reaches its setting.

Thank U Very Much. Can u provide me a sample Ladder diagram for this problem.

Maybe I could if you could provide a detailed description of exactly what you want, including Fan Output address.

Step 1:
Step 2:
Step 3:
Step X
End

Last edited:
Maybe I could if you could provide a detailed description of exactly what you want, including Fan Output address.

Step 1:
Step 2:
Step 3:
Step X
End
Actually I want To operate 4pumps(Suppose pumps are P1, P2, P3 & P4) one by one continuously each one run for 6 hours. If Switch X001 is push then Pump P1 is running. Let, After 2 hours 20 mins later power is gone. Then when power will come again and X001 will push again the pump P1 runs again for 3 hours and 40 mins, then pump P2 run for 6 hours then P3, P4 and P1, P2... continuously.

Please give me a Sample image/ program for solve above Problem.

Thank U very Much.

Okay, I will work on it. I only have the free version of GX Developer and it does not have the standard Timers or Counters. I will use instead LogixPro but use your Timer Addresses as descriptions.