PanelView Plus 600 and FTVS 6.10

JiNCs

I have a PanelView Plus 600 terminal that shows up in Linx classic as PanelView Plus_6 Compact 600. This version terminal offers Windows CE. I am running FactoryTalk View Studio 6.10.00 CPR9 SR4 on my laptop but have yet to determine what version of RSLinx Enterprise I have. Normally my download file (.mer)is version 5.1. I understand that what Linx Classic shows is irrelevant as Enterprise handles the downloading, uploading etc.

According to the terminals boot info the PanelView RSLinx Enterprise Firmware revision = 5.60 and the Machine Edition Firmware revision = 7.0.0.13. I get a yellow question mark and unrecognized device when viewed through Linx Classic. When I try to download I get a window ‘destination is not a valid Factory Talk View ME station destination.”

Do I have adequate software to download to the PanelView? Do I need a new EDS file? How do I determine what edition Linx Enterprise I have?

Thanks Folks

I think you're going to need an RSLinx Enterprise patch to perform a download over the network.

You should be able to create a version 5.10, 6.0, or 6.10 Runtime file and transfer it via SD card or USB Storage.

RSLinx Enterprise hard-codes all the product IDs and revisions into the device database, rather than using EDS files like RSLinx Classic does.

I can't say for sure if updating to RSLinx Enterprise 5.60 on your development computer will allow you to perform network downloads to the PV+ terminal (because it will match the runtime RSLinx Enterprise on the PV+), or if that update will be incompatible with the FactoryTalk View Studio 6.10 already on your development computer.

If it were my system, I would use SD cards to transfer applications until I could do a full system upgrade to FactoryTalk View Studio 7.0.

Thanks folks for the info and the quick response.

I tried both downloads of 5.1 and 6.10 over the network and got same results. Will look into all you've mentioned . . . Enterprise patch, transfer from SD and/or USB as well as the coveted TechSupport Contract!!!

Thanks again and i will let you know results.

If the problem is solely that you are seeing the yellow attention symbol in RSLinx Classic then you don't REALLY have a problem. You will use RSLinx Enterprise to upload and download. RSLinx Classic really doesn't factor into the PVP terminal.

The error message you are describing (if it is the transfer utility) usually occurs when you have not selected the PVP terminal as the download destination. Perhaps take a screenshot of the download window before you hit the download button and another after, with the error displayed. Then post it here.

OG

Last edited:
Pretty sure I need lessons in posting.

Got app to run by loading from USB. Running fine. Will investigate further as this is a network terminal.

Tried to attach and/or paste pic attached to make sure I'm selecting device properly but was too big. Pretty sure i got it selected. Not a lot to choose from.

Thanks again
Happy Holidays!

[FONT=&quot]Still curious but up and running. For now will take Ken's advice till an upgrade can be looked into.

Operaghost, please see the jpg file attached that is a snapshot of the device selection. If you see something, let me know. The issue was with the transfer utility and not (I think) the selection.

All please note the yellow question mark at the 1789-A17 backplane interface. Is this pointing to something? I must admit that I think the issue is with Linx Enterprise. I say that because the runtime program runs fine once loaded on the FTVS+ terminal and communicates with the processor. Good points Ken if an upgrade of Enterprise would be OK or if it might be a conflict with FTV 6.10.

One other thing I noticed was a selection under the network setup of the PV+ under Linx Enterprise setup . . . the processor type and IP, the Linx Server and IP (the development computer - my laptop), and an ethernet drive (motor controller) can all be viewed from the PV+. I can only speculate that Enterprise 7.0.0.13 (on the PV+) can see out but Enterprise 5.?? cannot see in. The old norm of up . . . yes, but down . . . no!

Any final thoughts would be good to hear and again any advice on how to tell what version of Enterprise I have installed? It seems illusive.

Thanks
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Not a Valid Device.jpg