Mitsubishi q02H cpu communication problem

rohit_plc

Hello all....

i have a q02h cpu by melsec iam trying to communicate with usb port but am not able to ......when i go with read from plc and click on connection test its shows "connection successful with q02h" but when i click on "ok" button its shows connection problem please check power module, cpu module etc......iam using gx developer 8.95z ......plz help.....o_Oo_O

Are you using a USB to rs232 converter and what version of windows are you using.
Also have you been online to this plc before

I have had a similar problem with a cheap converter.
I now use a KEYSPAN

iam not using any converter iam trying to communicate with q20h cpu onboard usb (standard B plug) with my laptop....iam using windows xp sp3...

Sorry. They must refresh their search engine. Go to the Mitsubishi website www.meau.com and and in the top right hand corner is their search engine, search for the Q02 hardware manual IB(NA)0800061-X.PDF

Have you installed the USB driver for the Q series?

I would assume that if he already got an "connection successful with q02h" the driver is installed properly. But some computers need the drivers installed for each individual USB port.

But if not that driver can be found in the computer's C:\Program Files (x86)\MELSOFT\Easysocket\USBDrivers folder. Run it in the Device Manager.

I do recall, once with a new laptop I did get connected without the USB Driver, it would complete a connection test but nothing more.

Good point Powerplan. Rohit, are you connecting via straight USB (PC) to USB-B (PLC) or are you using a USB to serial adapter (PC) then connecting serially to the Q02 through its 9-pin round serial plug (PLC)?

Sorry...I see you answered this question already. Can you connect via serial port?

One last thing Rohit, if you clicked the 'connection test' button and got the connection with Q02H successful popup by clicking the 'OK' button should just close the transfer setup window. The notification you are getting is a common notification when a connection is not established. You are pressing the OK button and not the 'X' button on the top right, correct. Clicking on the 'X' will reset the transfer setup settings to default. (I am sure you know this but this problem is perplexing, we should cover all options)

Last edited:
Sorry...I see you answered this question already. Can you connect via serial port?

One last thing Rohit, if you clicked the 'connection test' button and got the connection with Q02H successful popup by clicking the 'OK' button should just close the transfer setup window. The notification you are getting is a common notification when a connection is not established. You are pressing the OK button and not the 'X' button on the top right, correct. Clicking on the 'X' will reset the transfer setup settings to default. (I am sure you know this but this problem is perplexing, we should cover all options)

iam using straight USB (PC) to USB-B (PLC)and got successful connected popup and after by clicking "ok" button got this "connection problem please check power module, cpu modul"
it was on my one site now am not able to test this again because client is not interested to call me back because of communication problem...

I suggest you offer to look at this "in your own time" for free. To solve your issue or let the client know if they have a future problem.

Yes me too have the same problem, and this some picture that i found
10885421_787847311289481_8100125355143353538_n.jpg

1661510_787847297956149_7192391858052224685_n.jpg

10868003_787847314622814_7848634494865972582_n.jpg

Please help this problem, i'm still find for the solution.
Thankyou
Regard

Roby