Help setting up a micrologix & software!!

Hello I have a new Micrologix 1000 1761-L32AWA PLC and I have RSlogix 500 and RSlinx. I need step by step instructions to set up the system. I run Windows XP. If you could help with as muck detail it would help out alot. I seem to be having a communication problem. When I click on RSWHO in RSLinx a window pops up saying
RSWHO: Failed to open project!

I also got a message when I clicked on whoactivegoonline from the Comms menu in RSLogix that said:
no response from processor at selected path/node! the target node is not an SLC-500 or Micrologix controller!

I think I'm close I just need a little help. If you could help I would be greatfull. You could email me at [email protected] or reply here what ever is easyer. Thanks John

johnnysparks24 said:
When I click on RSWHO in RSLinx a window pops up saying
RSWHO: Failed to open project!

Every time you click RSWho?
Have you attempted to configure a driver?
If so, what happens?
What version RSLinx?
What version RSLogix?

Depending on what version of RSLinx you have, I would upgrade to the newest version.
If nothing else works, I would try un-installing and re-installing RSLinx.

Get back to us with some more Info.

If Arik's guide doesn't sort it out for you, then there are a few other things that could have gone wrong:

1. Have you set up a PIC/DH485 driver in RSLinx ? I have heard that it can interfere with other drivers (such as DF1). You must remove it and reboot the PC to allow access to the COM port.

2. The COM port is hooked by some other application.

3. If it is a laptop, then powersaving schemes can lower the voltage on the COM port. Try to disable all power saving.

4. Do you have the right online cable. It should be a 1761-CBL-PM02.

you can try deleting HARMONY.RSH ...

I've seen this one before and I THINK that "method 1." is what we did to correct it ...

Knowledgebase P9020

this is along the same lines as one of the links Marc posted but with a little more current date ...

1. Shut down RSLinx, delete HARMONY.RSH, restart the computer, restart RSLinx.

note: if this one doesn't help, there are some more links at the bottom of the knowledgebase page ... please let us know what you finally come up with ...

Last edited: