about UPS

angi

Hi Guys

we are going to install a UPS inside a PLC control panel to backup power supply for PLC, there is a ControlLogix Controller, and some AC I/O modules.
my question is that could we tie the "Neutral"s for input and output of UPS together?

thanks

I suspect that will depend on the make and model UPS that you elect to use. It seems like it should be OK, but I doubt that you could make a blanket statement about it.

angi,

I definitely would not.
the input neutral is ac power.
the output neutral is simulated output ac derived from the electronics. two totally separate systems.
others may say you can and with a better explanation, but I would not. you risk shorting the ups system out.

regards,
james

Similar Topics

I've got a new and different project and I need a DIN mount UPS with 120V output. SOLA comes to mind but are there any other options you folks...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first time progamming cicode and I need to do popups alarms, there are several digital alarms and in their rising edge transition...
Replies
Views
This is a very basic question regarding whenever I close any Display, Library etc. It asks me to save changes all the time even without any edits...
Replies
Views
Looking for a UPS that integrates well into a L8xE Control logix installation. We have used the AB 1609-D1500N Ethernet IP UPS's in the past, but...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I hope all my American friends had lots of Turkey and Football! What is everyone using for UPS power for Panel PCs? I am...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom