Panelbuilder Help

JGrissom

Hi All,

Working on a SLC5/05 with two Panelview 600 using Panelbuilder32 (yuk!) and need to set on of 6 bits using buttons on a screen no problem right? I'm using Latch buttons with the same bit as a handshake and had two of them working but today I went back to add some imbedded variables to the buttons which seem to be working properly but now the buttons act like a momentary button. I press the button and as long as I hold the button the code responds properly but when released the bit is rest to zero. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Toggling the bit in the PLC works just fine and the buttons indicate properly.

Thanks!

JGrissom,

which version of panelbuilder 32 are you using?
the latest version is 3.83.01

i'm asking becaust a previous version had a bug in the software.

in regards to the bits, what are you doing with the handshake word? check to make sure you are using maintained buttons, check to see if the bits/ bit words are being cleared in the program. check to see if a copy, move, file fill is accessing the words by mistake.

are these bits the same on 2 or more of the pv terminals?
if so, they are interferring with the others.

regards,
james

Thanks James,

Version is 03.82.01 (Build 451). I think I figured out how to do this, it seems that the handshake bits I was using are immediately set so the buttons are turned back off as it looks like it is supposed to do (I think). I found away around this by creating handshake bits that only turn on when the button should no longer be selected...
Jim