MODBUS and ML 1400

tjmurf

I have a ML 1400 communicating via MODBUS/TCP with a ABB SM500F chart recorder. The MODBUS registers 40001 and 40002 represent a 32 bit single precision float in IEEE format.
Example:
50.0 gpm readout on the display will indicate (16379) and (-12600)in the ML's registers in respect to the 40001 and 40002 MODBUS addresses.

My attempts to "COP #N30:0 F8:5 2" result in the following error "Operand sizes do not match"

Any help with this conversion would be appreciated. Its driving me freaking NUTS!

Try the Copy Word (CPW) instruction instead. It was added to the MicroLogix for functions like this.

Thank You

Sometimes I cant believe the amount of time I spend on a simple problem.

Thanks!

Double Precision Floating Point

It seems the totalizer in the recorder is using 64 bit Double Precision Floating Point. The PLC will read the 4 16 bit words. I can construct the two Long words but, I'm not sure if this is even possible in the ML.

Any thoughts?

The goal here is for the PLC to read the data and report it back to the HMI at a remote location, via cell technology. The HMI is RSView32.

Check page 160 of the manual with the Modbus register assignments

Totalizer A and Totalizer B each has four values - min, max, average and total

The min, max and average are single precision floating point values. Only the Total is double precision.

Presumably, unless the totalizer's max value is exceeded or is reset, the max value should be the same as the total value.

Have you considered using the Totalizer A's or B's max value?

I wish it were that easy.
The "MIN,MAX and AVG" represent the analog values sent to the totalizer and not the actual total register.