communicating with a pv600

labeledas

Hi all,

I have a PV600 2711-B6C20 SER C that a client wants a few changes made to the hmi. We have copies of factoryTalk Studio ME and RSView32, not sure which one the hmi was programmed in originally it was done by a different subcontractor.

I have connected to it over ethernet, I can see it howerver i cant upload to it or download from it. whenver I try using the transfer tool in ME it states it is not a valid target. Does this mean it was done in RSView32.

also as a side note do you need to have every firmware installed for FactoryTalk view, ie 5,6,7 or will just having 7 allow you to access files created in older version.

Thanks

That is a standard PV so you will need PanelBuilder32 software to be able to program it, the good thing is you should be able to upload the *.pva file out of the PV and be able to open it with the PanelBuilder software.