Factory talk numeric display with parameter tags

Mxneil

I have a generic faceplate for motor control, auto man start stop eunning stopped indication. I am trying to add a numeric display for variable speed control motors. Im using parameter tags for the buttons and indication but when i use the parameter tax in the syntax of the numeric display it wirelines like it cannot find the tag.

For example. Motors/#1/running (Digital tag) For running indication works fine
Motors/#1/speedref (analogue tag) wire lines

Any ideas?

Welcome to the Forum !

What is the actual text you are using for the #1 placeholder ?

Are you using FactoryTalk view ME or SE ?

What is the actual object for the numeric display ? Is it an ordinary numeric display object, or a value embedded in text, or something else ?

The FactoryTalk Diagnostics display in FTView Studio should show an error if there is a problem reading the tag.

Doublecheck your Animations. Wireframing is usually for something for which an animation cannot be resolved.

The name of #1 is M1000

Factory talk se.

Its just an ordinary numerical display. Seems like it should be a simple task.

Ill check diagnostic viewer tomorrow. Theres no animation on the object as such. Works fine if i replace #1 with m1000 in the expression of the numeric display.

What syntax are you using? Itdoesn't appear correct by your above example...You don't put #1 in the Tag string....Syntax should be like:

Display Faceplate /TMyTag1, MyTag2, MyTag3

Then in the faceplate, #1 will be equivalent to MyTag1, #2 will be equivalent to MyTag2 and so on.