I need help for communication problem between HMI intouch and PLC siemens

themostlymen

This Problem happened many times, is it only because the wrong type DB10Q0 should be DB1010 or any other possible cause?

HMI log file :

/DASProtFail - (4):Invalid item name: DB10Q0,X269.1 (PLCPM)

Unable to add item 'New_PortCpS7_000.New_S7Cp_000.DB10Q0,X269.1' with access path 'PLCPM'

ProtCreatePoint: AddItems() method failed (hr = 0x1) for item name = 'DB10Q0,X269.1' !

Failed to advise item "DB10Q0,X269.1" for Access Name "plcpm"

Node "localhost" disconnected

Base on the log file that you post, the problem is the invalid item name.

It may be due to:
1. incorrect addressing syntax
2. typographical error of address
3. the address does not exist in the PLC

Are you using OPC ?
If so, which OPC server ?
Are you using symbols from the STEP7 project ?

'DB10Q0,X269.1' does not sound right.
My guess is that it should be 'DB10.DBX269.1', if you want to access DB10 Byte 269 Bit 1.
That the connection gets lost completely seems to be that the OPC server does not handle errors well.

no im not using OPC. i use DASSIdirect...
yes we just found out the right one is DB1010,X269.1
but is this wrong name can cause disconnection between PLC - HMI?