Redlion Trend

whussain6

Hi Guys,

Does any body now how to trend data in Redlion Productivity Station for year or more worth of data?

I do trend but it only goes back 7/8 days.
I have set
Update Type Continuous
Update rate = 60
Each File Hold = 1440 samples
and Retain at most 200 Files

Another question I have 250 Machines which will log Data at this rate (1 Integer value each machine). Will there be enough space to save/keep these log files on compact flash? Thanks

Hi Guys,

Does any body now how to trend data in Redlion Productivity Station for year or more worth of data?

I do trend but it only goes back 7/8 days.
I have set
Update Type Continuous
Update rate = 60
Each File Hold = 1440 samples
and Retain at most 200 Files

Another question I have 250 Machines which will log Data at this rate (1 Integer value each machine). Will there be enough space to save/keep these log files on compact flash? Thanks

The limit is 200 files so if you want 400 days, use 2880 samples per file. The length of time that the pen plot trend will show is dependent on the buffer size not the space on the CF Card, BTW.

There is a formula to determine how much space a given number of samples will take. I'll see if I can find it.

The limit is 200 files so if you want 400 days, use 2880 samples per file. The length of time that the pen plot trend will show is dependent on the buffer size not the space on the CF Card, BTW.

There is a formula to determine how much space a given number of samples will take. I'll see if I can find it.

I thought I had a formula but I must have been wrong. There may be one, but I guess I don't have it.

The length of time that the pen plot trend will show is dependent on the buffer size not the space on the CF Card, BTW.

Thanks JHarbin
But Is there any way to find Buffer size? and also the trend shows maximum of two days width, with 7/8 days length of time - can we increase maximum width of trend?

The length of time that the pen plot trend will show is dependent on the buffer size not the space on the CF Card, BTW.

Thanks JHarbin
But Is there any way to find Buffer size? and also the trend shows maximum of two days width, with 7/8 days length of time - can we increase maximum width of trend?

I suggest that you email Redlion Support directly and they can give you and idea of how to estimate how much trending you should be able to see based on the number of points and collection rate.

Hi JHarbin,

I emailed redlion and thats what the answer was.

"The data shown in the Trend Viewer is from RAM, not the CF card (with the exception of when the unit first boots). The amount of time they can go back depends on the number of logs, data points, and sample rates. The only way to be able to scroll back farther would be to decrease the number of logs or data points, or to sample less often."

Even if I reduce it to bare minimum it will show maximum of 60 days data which is not quiet useful. They recommended third party software for trending which is not helpful either.
Just Stuck!!!

Hi JHarbin,

I emailed redlion and thats what the answer was.

"The data shown in the Trend Viewer is from RAM, not the CF card (with the exception of when the unit first boots). The amount of time they can go back depends on the number of logs, data points, and sample rates. The only way to be able to scroll back farther would be to decrease the number of logs or data points, or to sample less often."

Even if I reduce it to bare minimum it will show maximum of 60 days data which is not quiet useful. They recommended third party software for trending which is not helpful either.
Just Stuck!!!

That's what I said, RAM = Buffer.

Not sure what you problem is, I have used well over one hundred Redlion Displays for short teen trending and use PC based trending for long term. This works well for us.