Texas PLC Conversion

YoungWint

I am looking at a TI445 (Texas Instruments)PLC which requires reverse engineering to operate on a Siemens Platform, or possibly an Allen Bradley.

Is anyone aware of a conversion package for either platform?

Also does anyone know if there is a way of viewing the source code on windows as the original package was DOS based.

I believe the source code is available and have assumed there in no need to upload from the PLC.

With thanks in anticiaption.

Can you post a link to a datasheet? I did a quick search and found nothing. Are you sure it is a Programmable Logic Controller and not a Power Line Control device? Even if what we call a PLC, very unlikely there would be any conversion program to another's PLC code. Structured Text is about the only language that can be copied directly between PLC's.

Siemens has a TI-to-S7 Converter.
It is included standard with STEP7.
Have never used it, so cannot say if it is good or not.

Btw, are you sure that it is a "TI445", not "TI545" ?
TI5xx is the version that can be converted to S7.
TI also had some CPUs that were rebadged Automation Direct PLCs. I remember vaguely that they were labeled TI4xx. Dont think they can be converted to S7.

edit: Post some photos of the PLCs in question.

Double check your part number I think you mean a 545 also. TI had a 400 series and it became the PLCs that Automation direct started to sell. You can still buy them and swap a 400 series TI for and Automation Direct 400 series and use the same I/O.

The TI545 was sold to Siemens and they in turn sold it to CTI who still make a replacement PLC.

As Jesper explained there is a converter to S7 and it does work better than most. Just have a strong understanding of your process and be ready for some testing.