FactoryTalk

williamx10

Hey guys, I'm new to the automation world and hoping you guys can help me out. I have a HMI that has Factorytalk SE installed and activated. The customer wants an additional HMI just in case the current one breaks on their current machine. Can I somehow use the same serial number and product key from the old HMI to the new HMI?

Depending on your setup, you may can install factorytalk activation manager on a server on your network and put the SE Client activation on it. You will then need add this server to your Activation Path on both client machines (Just click "Update Activation Path" on the Find Available Activations page, click add server, and enter in the servers IP address). This will share the license and give it to the first client that tries to connect. Sounds more complicated to set up than it really is, and works great if you have a server that is always on (such as a server for historian) on your PLC network.

I assume this is a stand-alone SE HMI?

You can buy a USB dongle from AB to tie the activation too. Then you can transfer it back and forth pretty easily.