micrologix 1500 fault

robertbrede

Hi, I am new. I have connected to a micrologix 1500 LRP series c. I can go on line, upload, download, but when I switch to run, it immediately faults out.

Help please!!

While online with the fault showing in the upper left click it and choose 'Goto Error'. This will present the status display. The reason for the error in on the right. Follow any documentation you have on resolving the error. For more help either report to us the complete text of the error or use a screen grab utility to capture a picture of the screen and post it here.

Last edited:
reply to 1500 fault

Fault routine S:29 [0 ]
Major error S:6 [52h ]

Error description

"The base minimum series selected in the user program configuration was greater than the series on the actual base."

Additionally a bit was set at: 'Major Error Halt' S:1/13

OK, you will have to inpect the lable on the Micrologix carefully. Then, in your project, double click on 'Controller Properties'. In 'Processor Type' click the arrow and find the processor which cooresponds to what you read on the lable. Save and re-try to download.

In addition you may need to verify the base and make sure it is properly entered under 'I/O Configuration' - select the CPU slot - 'Adv. Config.' - 'Embedded General Configuration (tab)' - 'Base/Type'

Last edited:
The quickest way to pull in the correct base type, series and revision is to do a 'Read I/O Config'.
You do this under I/O Configuration/Read I/O Config/Who Active.
Select (highlight) controller and then OK.
Then Read I/O Config again.
Then save the project and download.

Edit: Sorry didn't see your reply Bernie!
If a Read I/O Config does not get rid of the error for you then you should do as Bernie suggests and manually check/enter the data from the label. Note: The 'Series/Rev/Funtionality' should be set to the Revision of your controller, A in this case.

George

Last edited: