Simatic OPC and two S7-414 2 DP on same Profibus netwrok.

IJK

I have visited a site where i saw two 414-2 DP PLC and SimatiC OPC Via 5611 Card on same Profibus network.

can anyoNe pls explain me how can this configuration work

As the OPC is Fetching data from both PLCs ( There is no communication between 414 -414)

The normal way for a PC with an OPC Server is to be be a Profibus master.
The connections between the the OPC Server PC and the PLCs are by master-master.
Nothing special about it.

thanks jasper for your reply

I have two S7-414 CPU and 5611 Card on same profibus, When we take both the CPU on line it shows bus fault - i have checked all the necessary settings like Baud rate, higest staion address.

Kindly suggest if you have any idea.

Describe the whole setup in detail.
Are both S7-400 stations and the PC Station with CP5611 integrated in the same STEP7 project ?
In the S7 CPU(s) that show bus fault, check the hardware diagnostics.

Describe the whole setup in detail.
Are both S7-400 stations and the PC Station with CP5611 integrated in the same STEP7 project ?
In the S7 CPU(s) that show bus fault, check the hardware diagnostics.
Yes yes all the S7-400 Station and PC Station are integrated in one project ie single profibus.
there was some issue with OPC Simatic Station which we reconfigured but latter plc1 is communicating, as soon as we take plc 2 online it give bus fault.

each plc function good individually -- i suppose we cannot connect two masters on same profibus network