RSLogix ini file for customization

belph

Hi everybody,

I'm just wondering if somebody had a same idea like me.
I would like to make customized RSlogix environment like color convention and view orientation etc., which can be set right after installation of RSLogix on every computer with easy replacement of ini file. Does anyone have some advice which ini file is it or if is possible way of doing that ?

Will appreciate any help :]

Thank you in advance

Cheers

My advice would be to reset EVERYTHING to factory defaults...

It has all been tested, and everyone knows it, so I can't understand the need to "tweak" it.

One day you will discover something you can't see correctly, because you've used a weird foreground/background combination.

Just my 2c

And FYI, it's not controlled by an ini file, the values are stored in the registry of the PC.

Thank you daba for reply,

If this would be just about me I could do it as factory defaults. But from team way and installation, it could be great and quite handy that everything would be defined like conventional colors for description, comments and etc. with just simple replacement of one file. Now we have to follow global document and set everything according as standard, which takes some time. So thats an issue .But now thanks to you I know it's not just ini file but registry I have to follow :[ .

If you start RSLogix5000 with the shift key pressed, everything is reset to defaults. I don't know if this works with RSLogix500 though.

If you start RSLogix5000 with the shift key pressed, everything is reset to defaults. I don't know if this works with RSLogix500 though.

I was thinking that his company has standards of color scheme that is different from default and wanted an easy way to apply them.

I found these in the registry at one point although the exact location escapes me now. The way I found them was:

export my registry
change an option
exported it again
compared the two registry exports in Notepad++

Hi all,

I have a question about the address used in the control input of the SQI instruction, I understand the control is a 3 word register ( R Data File) the words are
1) stores the status bits of the sequencer Instruction
2) length of the sequencer file
3) position

for example I saw a control address of R6:10 what does this mean?

also if anyone could shade some light on the three words would be great

Also if anyone could shade some light on the three words would be great.
I don't understand what light you want on the 3 Control words. See attached picture from the RSLogix Help file that is right there on your computer (Click "Help, SLC Instruction Help", then select the instruction for which you need help).

For a Control word R6:0:
R6:0 is where the status bits EN, DN, ER, and so on are stored
R6:0.LEN is where the Length of the sequencer file is stored
R6:0.POS is where the current Position of the sequencer pointer is stored.

RSLogix Control Words.JPG

Last edited: