Access array values

jcmosquera

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently working with an ABB RTU which has built-in PLC capabilities, I'm programming some systems using ST in Multiprog wt.

I simulated my system in Matlab and everything worked perfect, it's an earth fault recognition system for medium voltage networks.

I programmed everything with very simple commands, not using any complex Matlab functions so that I could easily port and rewrite my code in ST. All is working great but one thing that is bothering me and I'm getting an error from.

I hav the following simple for loop:

Code:
FOR m:=1 TO 1000 BY 1 DO								
	FOR n:=1 TO (n-m+1) BY 1 DO
		output[m]:=output[m]+(input[n]*input[n+m-1]);	
	END_FOR;
END_FOR;

input and output are ARRAY[0..1000] OF REAL;

I get an error saying that I cannot use input[n+m-1], not even input[n+1]! How is that possible? I'm not PLC expert I'm just starting out and that seems like basic programming syntax to me like with other normal languages.

Any way I can get around this to access and read those type of array elements?

Thanks!