power supply fault

porky

Has anyone ever experienced an intermittent fault on an AB Plc ..due to a faulty power supply ?

Processor fault

I experianced a processor fault in my last AB job .It was very strange when i try to down load the program while the key switch in the remote position a communication error occured ,the fault led flashing and the RSlinx indicate that the processor in node 1 is faulted .In this case when i try to connect again to the PLC rither by download or go online i have a message the no responce from the processor.This requires me to remove the power from the PLC and switch it on again and restart my computer so i can reconnect to the cpu.
in this condition the OPC was running as well as a visual basic application .any explanation :unsure:

---Power supply fault---

Just an info,

In SLC you can let RSLogix 500 to calculate whether the power supply used is sufficient or not.

Go to I/O Configuration tab and click on the "Power supply" button (assuming the all of your modules have been selected in the I/O configuration).

This will open up a Power supply loading form, select your power supply model, in the message box, a warning is displayed if your power supply used is under sized.

This calculation in the software is just for "information" for you to size up your power supply, it don't remedy errors.

Good Luck

I've seen this happen because of poor supply power quality.
A number of my customers spec Constant Voltage transformers to supply any PLC power supplies.

They're quite a bit more expensive than normal control transformers, but cheaper than fried/locked up PLC equipment.