Serious power spike!

RayK

Power pole fire seem to have corrupted a file or 2 in RSView32 works! what files can I safely delete that are recreated on startup?
Our trendline pages are playing up doing straight line and recording the date as 11 Jan 2014!
Ones I know I can delete are the SQL driver in Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Data Sources (ODBC) also \Project #\Cache\RDMDATA entire folder
then in the TAG folder delete the CAC file
also C:\datalogs\daily_instr1\Daily_Instr1\Daily_Instr1.DLG and Daily_Instr1.DNS delete both the DLG and DNS file in the datalog model.
Have tried all of these but still playing up! any ideas? RSView version is 6.4

Give the info below a try just in case cache files are in conflict with your project.

A repair I do if any issue crops up, is to shut down the project, then in Windows Explorer, go into the project folder, open the cache folder, and blow away all files in that cache folder, they will be rebuilt on the next start up.

The next thing I do is go to the projects Tag folder, and look for one file with "the project name".cac
I THEN BLOW THAT ONE ONLY AWAY, leaving all the other files in that folder, this .cac file also will be rebuilt on project start up.

Then shut down computer and reboot and run your project.

I cant promise this will fix your problem, but it wont harm it either.

The Harmony files for RSLinx they are also cache files that get rebuilt on start up.

Its also possible that the you have a corrupted tag data base and will need to export the tag data base and re import them but in my case that was at software version change many years ago

also C:\datalogs\daily_instr1\Daily_Instr1\Daily_Instr1.DLG and Daily_Instr1.DNS delete both the DLG and DNS file in the datalog model.
Have tried all of these but still playing up! any ideas? RSView version is 6.4

The files mentioned in your quotes above I am unsure if you can blow these away.
I have never done those.

Try going to the command line and from the command list do a Datalog stop on the offending Datalog Models, then after a few minutes do a Datalog start of those Models.

I have seen this problem before and always seems to come back the next day after it creates a new daily model file in my case.

Another thing that has worked for for me is to stop the offending model then take the current file of the offending model and rename it or even shift it out of the Model and do a start of that datalog model

Thanx for that Gil47, will give that a try on Monday when i head up to the mine (120klm away!) the DLG and DNS files apparently hold date and time pointers that are used in historical trending and for datalogs.

It makes new dns and dlg files when it opens the DL model and without those files I believe you can't access the data in a trend because its lacking the pointer to let it know the data exists.
What you have had is that its never been told that the power failed and did not do an orerly end or temp end of logging inside the file and is now utterly lost the plot

All is not lost though as the data is still visible if you use Excel and if in wide format trends can be constructed in EXcel .
If its narrow format they need passed through a pivot table first to see it as wide format