S7 315-2 PN/DP and Sick CLV63xx Barcode

beethoven_ii

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there,

I have spend the last 2 days trying to add 2x CLV630 barcode scanners by Erwin Sick to the hardware configuration of my 315-2 PN/DP cpu with no success. I spent an hour on the phone with an engineer from Sick in Germany who was connected remotely to my pc trying his best to sort it out for me but he pretty much gave up and said I should contact Siemens. I intend doing that but thought I'd try in here first. The scanners have been configured correctly is the Sick Sopas sofware and are ready for PN communications. The problem is that the device are listed as configured but not present when I view the online copy of my hardware config. According to the Sick engineer the settings I have made for the scanners in the hardware configuration are correct, I have used the correct GSDML file and he does not understand what the problem is.

My question is has anyone in here ever had experience of setting up these scanners or others in the range for PN communications with an S7 cpu?

Cheers,

Barry

Have the device names for the scanners been set in the hardware?
Do the names match the ones configured in Step 7?

The name of each scanner in the Sopas software matches the name in the hardware configuration. The engineer from Sick had a rig set up in his office in Germany with the same devices and said it worked over there. I tried it using 2 different PC's to set up the hardware and got the same results.

Permanent Profinet Device name:

With Sopas you also need write the "Profinet name" to scanners rom memory.
S7/Edit Ethernet Node don't do it permanently (only to scanners ram memory). that is scanner's property, not the S7.

Br. Seppo

The name was set using Sopas and stored permanently. The odd things was that when I click on Edit Ethernet node no devices are found. The engineer from Sick in Germany couldn't understand that either. I have 2 PLC's, 2 HMI's & 2 barcode scanners on the same network but nothing shows up when I browse the network using edit Ethernet nodes.

The scanner has been rebooted from Sopas after configuration and the ready light is half green and half flashing red. The engineer from Sick says this means it is configured for PN communications but waiting for a connection.

I have GSD file: GSDML-V2.2-SICK-CLV6xx-20110609.xml

CLV6xx - Profinet IO Barcodescanner; Mode: mit Handshake ; GSDML v2.1 - Firmware V1.00

This works in my case.
Of course the IP-address by Sopas is in the same segment than others ?

I have spoken with Siemens today and they seem to think the problem lies with a managed Cisco switch supplied by the customer which everything connects through. Apparently by default they are not configured to allow Profinet communications. I'm testing now with the customer's IT guy but still having no joy. If all else fails I will have to return to site with a standard unmanaged switch and connect everything through that to prove it works.

I'd like to thank everyone who offered their help with this and report back that the problem was with the Cisco switch. After a bit of trial and error with the switch settings by the customer's IT guy I got there in the end.

...Barry