Testing a Modicon A984 ?

Fred Mau

Lifetime Supporting Member
Cleaning off a shelf, I find a Modicon PC-A984-120. CPU only, no backplane or aux memory card or anything else. It's probably been there at least 10 years, and nobody knows anything about it or where it came from (We're a Siemens shop).

Out of curiosity, I connect 24VDC to the 24VDC +/- terminals on the front. Nothing. No LEDs light up, nothing.

From that, should I assume it's a dead piece of junk? OR is it just not going to come alive unless it's on a proper backplane?

Similar Topics

I am working on setting up a Prosoft Datalogger model PLX51-DLplus-232. This unit will be collecting data from a SLC 5/05 on the DB9 port set to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a AC current transducer that I want to bench test to ensure I am getting a 4-20mA output. I am using a AE001 unit. It is very...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Can ControlLogix with Modsim32 for Modbus Server Testing? I have ControlLogix via Anybus Modbus TCP and I need to Test the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, looking for ideas on getting some basic training done, I need to practice on maintenance timers and bypass switches (with a Factory...
Replies
Views
I have a project in FTV ME (Studio v13) that I'm trying to apply security to a few buttons/setpoints. I have 4 users: Anonymous Logon, DEFAULT...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom