SQI instrcution

maple72

Hi all,

I have a question about the address used in the control input of the SQI instruction, I understand the control is a 3 word register ( R Data File) the words are
1) stores the status bits of the sequencer Instruction
2) length of the sequencer file
3) position

for example I saw a control address of R6:10 what does this mean?

also if anyone could shade some light on the three words would be great

Thanks

For example, I saw a control address of R6:10. What does this mean?
1. R6:10 will be the first "word 0" of the 3-word set that controls your sequencer. Word 0 contains sequencer status bits EN, DN, and ER.
2. R6:11 will be the address of the Length of the sequencer (number of steps).
3. R6:12 will be the address of the Position (step) of the sequencer.

For the best explanation, see the RSLogix Help file for the SQ instructions.

Last edited:
Thanks Lancie, how can I set this address? I mean how to figure it out when I input the parameters for the sequencer?

No, no, no

1. R6:10 will be the first "word 0" of the 3-word set that controls your sequencer. Word 0 contains sequencer status bits EN, DN, and ER.
2. R6:11 will be the address of the Length of the sequencer (number of steps).
3. R6:12 will be the address of the Position (step) of the sequencer.

For the best explanation, see the RSLogix Help file for the SQ instructions.

This is worded incorrectly. R6:10 is a three-word 'structure' which holds the control elements for the instruction. The three word are addressed thusly:
  • R6:10.(staus bits)
  • R6:10.LEN
  • R6:10.POS
R6:11-R6:nn are separate three-word elements which control other file type instruction. For instance, R6:11 could control an FAL instruction, R6:12 a FIFO, and so on. * http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1785-rm001_-en-p.pdf page 12-3