Pilz safety relay

Amy_Fields

I will be re-wiring a dual palm out station and replacing with 1 palm out PB. These two PB's are tied into a pilz x3 774350 start switch safety relay. If I go with an AB 800z style pb (1) and tie the outputit into s11 or s21 on the pilz safety relay, and put in a jumper between s11 and s21 will it still function the same way?

Thank you.

I will be re-wiring a dual palm out station and replacing with 1 palm out PB. These two PB's are tied into a pilz x3 774350 start switch safety relay. If I go with an AB 800z style pb (1) and tie the outputit into s11 or s21 on the pilz safety relay, and put in a jumper between s11 and s21 will it still function the same way?

Thank you.

Do you mean this unit - P2HZ_X3 ??

Then the answer is No.
Look at the data sheet.
http://www.pilz.com/downloads/open/P2HZ_X3_Data_sheet_1002153-EN-02.pdf

You will see that the device's input is - "Two-hand button
with detection of shorts across contacts"

Why would you want to do this - what does your risk assessment say?

Last edited:
Yes, I am referring to the P2HZ_X3. Light curtains have been added to the cell and a dual palm out station is no longer necessary. Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.

Even with light curtains. Why does the operator need one hand free?
The previous mechanical guard is the only change.
What happens if the light curtain fails

You call