Modicon Quantum 140 - how are EFBs scanned?

jgreg07

I am trying to understand how this Modicon Quantum 140 CPU 434 12 actually processes the EFBs. Are they scanned in vertical columns like ladder logic or are they executed in some other order?

What I have considered: Please reply with your understanding. References in the manuals would be greatly appreciated.

1. The internal code could be expanded into ladder logic at run time and executed in columns.
  2. Code could be expanded at run time and executed left or right rung by rung
  3. They could be executed as subroutines.
    1. The order could be top to bottom left to right on each row
    2. Order could be top to bottom by vertical columns

Good day jgreg07,

Does this help?

Taken from Concept help;
FFB (Functions/Function blocks) is the collective term for EFB (Elementary functions/Function blocks) and DFB (Derived function blocks).
FFB execution order;
The execution order is first determined by the order when positioning the FFB. If the FFBs are then linked graphically, the execution order is determined by the data flow.
This occurs by displaying the execution number (number in brackets) behind the item name or function meters. The execution sequence is determined by linking the FFBs horizontally (flow of data between the FFBs through links) or by the positioning sequence of the FFBs (i.e. with as yet unconnected FFBs). An additional specific exchange of the execution sequence of two selected FFBs is possible with use of the Change FFB execution sequence menu command.

Dan.

Concept has pretty good help files. The first time I encountered a Quantum PLC, I was taking over a failed project during start-up after the original software contractor had been relieved of duty, so to speak. I had prior experience with Modicons and various other PLCs, but I had never worked with either Concept or Quantum. I found the Concept/Quantum system fairly easy to work with, considering the circumstances. I got equipment running on the first day. That made the second day a great deal easier. ;)