About PLC program Uploading

Hi guys,Iam not much familliar with PLC , in Other words Iam a beginner.
Could anybody explain,If I upload program from plc to PC,Whether
program retain inside memory of PLC or Program completely move to the PC.

Actual Program in plc Programmed through Unity pro xl V4.1.

Right Now Iam Using Unity pro xl V7.0,Plc premium TSXP572634.

Why Iam doing this because I need backup of this PLC program.So my question is that,
If I try to upload,what about the PLC reaction,Whether its Stop working properly???

Awaiting for the reply...

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Kumar

Not familiar with your particular PLC, but all the major PLCs, when you do an upload, it simply copies the PLC program to an offline file on a PC and does not interrupt the PLC operation. Also, note, most PLC's for sake of saving memory only store the program, not the comments, descriptions, synonyms or other documentation. So if you don't have the original file to upload to on your PC, you'll get all the logic but no comments.