help with rslogix 5000

stu

Hi guys,
I have been asked to adjust the refresh time on a hsc and look at the scan time , I have found the refresh time but its greyed out online and offline? Any ideas how to adjust, all so how can I find the scan time, thanks stu

Stu is this a CompactLogix? If so you can't update the individual card you can only update the entire rack.

see if this helps ...

also - note that with the newer versions of RSLogix5000 (at least with version 20.01) you CAN set each local I/O module's RPI independently for COMPACT-Logix ...

but ...

reading between the lines, you seem to be having "I/O Update" issues on a high-speed application ... I suggest that you also read the following thread ... COMPACT-Logix has some nasty little tricks to play along these lines related to its Task Priority settings ... if this is indeed your problem, then setting up a faster RPI won't help you ...

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=26162

TIP: play the "sound effects" file near the beginning of the first post ... if you think that something along these lines might be causing your problem, then consider posting your entire ACD file ...

cpx_set_compact_bus_rpi.jpg

Last edited: