control logix 1756-L1/A logix5550

wmor0082

I am trying ti config and communicate with my 1756-L1/A. In my processor box on my software application, this processor is not listed. How do I include it in the list? I am communicating through serial port and USB through RSLinx. I can see the processor, but when I go to control logix application, this processor is not listed.

This is a common misconception with Logix5k, there is no such thing as backwards compatibility with the major firmware revisions, you have to install each major revision of software for the corresponding firmware that you want to support.

So if you have a V19 processor, you need to install V19 of software. If you have V19 and V17 controllers in your plant, then you must install V17 and V19 software.

Your revision is going to be much older than my examples. What I suggest you do is view the module properties via RSLinx to figure out which revision your processor is. Once you know that information, install that version. Your V19 disk should have revisions all the way back to V10 on it. If the controller is older you might have to go to support or your local distributor to get it.