External fault on S7-400

Wilso

Please excuse me if my logic is not sound here, but I'm really reaching here...
PLC is working fine.

It's a 412-2 DP.
We've got 2 identical lines, both with the same hardware, and essentially the same program, possibly some minor differences due to orientation.

Line 2 has got an external fault light lit. Now, we've got a delay system that monitors some stuff from the PLC's. One of the messages I'm getting from this line is a power supply fault - only for a few seconds, and only occassionally. In the program, the signal only exists in a datablock. My limited understanding is that this is written from the profibus (remember - reaching). Obviously, the power supply isn't connected to profibus. What I'm trying to work out here is if the two issues are actually connected, and is it some intermittent issue with the back plane.