Beckhoff modules EL3102 & KL5111 & KL4408

Hello

i am having 3 problems in mapping singals from my program to the physical i/o modules of the PLC. i can mapp digital i/o no problem its just the analog ones are causing me alot of bother!

1. first of all i am not sure where i wire the count from my encoder to the KL5111 module. when i give it a few pulses into the "A" connection nothin happens??

2. also my KL4408 module seems to have all its LED indicators lit when i put the plc in run mode and it will not give a 0 - 10V signal when i force it wihtin the PLC?

3. more importantly i cant seem to get the CX9001 to recogininse the EL3012 module. i dont have the option to add an "EL" modules in the system manager of twincat.
my CX9001 has a K-Bus as far i know and i am wondering if the EL3102 is not compatable as i think it uses the E-bus?

thanks

Hello [email protected] (not an easy nickname yours :D),

First of all and as it is stated by coa, you can't mix E-BUS and K-BUS, they are completely different technologies.

Given the fact you are working with a CX9001, be sure you are scanning the boxes automatically in the system manager to get the IO cards properly linked to the physical world.

After that, you will see the "link" possibilities in each just added card.

In the PLCControl you will need to add the variables that fit the IO cards and that you are planning to use and rebuild all.

In the System Manager you will need to rescan the PLC control project.

Then in the System Manager you will need to link all the IO channels to the right IO variables in your PLC project.

Press the regedit-like button in the system manager to download the new configuration in the controller.

Then you could see in the online view of each channel a small scope that will give you an idea of the correctness of that IO channel.

Good luck!

it are words:
counter1 AT %IW0 :WORD; (if it is first module, do you have the resistor module on the end?
and yes only need the A input so thinking is good.
KL4408 this module needs 24 volt on the power contacts, the leds are off when watchdog is active.

OK thats was i thought :( its very bad news for me...

i want to create an analog output of 0...10V from the PLC to a drive.

i have a SCADA system which has a slider control that i want to provide a 0 10V signal from the PLC.

in order to bring the digital signals from the SCADA screen to the PLC i used memory's. i.e. mem AT %MX0.2 : BOOL; for example
i was then able to create a link the SCADA screen signal to this memory to activate the output. i.e

MX0.2------------------------------------------------/ /QB0.2------

is there any way of creating a memory like analog signal that i could do the same with?

yes there is.
first mx0.2 is a bit and QB0.2 is a byte so you have to correct it in the software.
for analog use WORD
like %MW3 and as output use %QW0 for first one
and have the 24 Volt supply on the controlmodule with a bridge as normally the processor and the power contacts are not connected
(depends on type of module)
check manual how to build up the word.

hello,

yes i have manager to inject a voltage into my 0 - 10V input card and it is displaying in plcControl

my 0 - 10 volts seems to create a value of 0 to 32770 or around that? i want it to be the equivlant to 0 to 3000 rpm? is there some scale i can do?? or something

also i have a 0 - 10 volt analog output car that i want to give 0 - 10V and i seem to be having the same issue with the 32770 value within the PLC??

thanks

the kl4408 uses from 0 to 32767 going from 0 to 10 Volt.
scaling is simple with mathematics or a scaling function.
for more functions have a look at www.oscat.de for a very big lib with all types of blocks. and not 32770 (impossible) error in book.
woutput = REAL_TO_WORD(32767/10*setpoint)

thanks

i think i got a function working to scale the analog output.

i have an encoder program. my program uses the encoder "count output" as its input, is there some wire from the encoder that gives this signal? i am not familiar with encoders but it seems that when i force the count signal to be a value such as 3000 i get a speed of say 600 rpm for example. do encoders give a current count signal, i.e dose one of their wire give a numerical value of the current count??

for the encoder dose anyone know where i wire the signal into the actual KL5111 module. i have tapped a wire into "A" terminal 1 and get 1 out, i have tapped a wire into "B" terminal 5 and i get 65535 out and i have tapped a wire into "C" terminal 4 and nothing comes out? see attached images

thanks

delete this.PNG delete this 2.PNG