Unity Pro XL unable to build

Strokur

I haven't come across this before but, I came into work this morning and made some changes that were needed and was just going to build changes on the fly..except the Build Changes drop down is grayed out. It did have the asterisk like it wasn't saved and it shows i made changes to the intended section but the only thing in the build menu I can do is Analyze Project.

Any thoughts? I unfortunately can't stop the PLC and I'm at a loss as how to remedy this.

That normally happens when you make a change that requires an offline build. if you disconnect from the plc the build all button should become available.

most common things that cause that are changes to the communication settings or the hardware configuration.

The only changes made were removing empty networks that were not needed. I guess I still have a bit to learn with Modicon in this sense. I was worried I would have to completely stop and transfer the project back onto the PLC which I cannot afford to do if I did it that way. Thank you very much for the information. I ended up just transferring the project from the PLC back to my PC.

removing nextworks requires a download unfortunately.

your best bet is to upload from the plc so that you become equal and wait until you can stop the PLC to remove the networks.

BrendonH is right, you can't do setup changes without a download. Upload programming from the plc and you should have a certain window that can do your download.