Node not found on 1770KFD

Buscom

Hello,

I have a very important problem with the browsing network of my 1770 KFD. After reset the system by remove and plugg the keyspan usb to RS232, the driver of 1770 KFD in RSLinx stopped and was obliged to delete the driver from RSLinx and reconfigure a new driver again.
But, afet configure the new 1770 KFD driver, it doesn't recognize the node of the 1747 SDN when I browsing the network. I don't know why? it just recognize the CDN066 only. and I have an error code 91 on the 1747 SDN
Here in the attach file, you have a picture of my RSLinx interface.
Please, can someone help me? how can I do so that the 1770 KFD, found the node of the 1747 SDN please? does someone have already have this problem?

Thank you

Error code 91 on the 1747-SDN means "bus off".

It indicates that the 1747-SDN is set to a different data rate than another device on the network, or that there is a short circuit or open circuit in the DeviceNet cable, or that termination resistors are missing.

That fault will automatically be cleared if there is a good DeviceNet cable connected to the 1747-SDN.

Hello Ken Roach, and thank you for your answer :)

I have configure the baud rate of the 1770KFD at 500k in RSLinx, but I don't know where can I configure the baud rate of the 1747 SDN? is it in RSLogix?

another ways is that I have connect both Devicenet cable of the 1770KFD and devicenet cable of the CDN066 both in a 10pin plug introduce in the 1747SDN 5pin devicenet plug. does it a bad configuration? but last week it have work like that, I don't know why now it doesn't what after a reset. do you think the 10pin is a problem?

Thanks

The 1747-SDN baud rate is configured using RSNetworx software as well. The default baud rate is 125 kb/s.

When you cycle power to the 1747-SDN, it will flash a series of numbers on the display. These tell you the firmware revision, baud rate, and node number.

Details (from an old post on the topic):
If you aren't certain about the data rate, power cycle the processor. The 1747-SDN will boot up by flashing in sequence:

1A
xx
yy

Where 6.26 is the firmware version (it's displayed in hex), xx is the data rate (00=125, 01=250, 02=500 kb/s) and yy is the node number of the 1747-SDN.

If the devices worked recently and you have made no configuration changes, they should still work.

I've set up quite a lot of systems using the two-row 5-pin plugs.

Remember that a DeviceNet network requires two 120 ohm termination resistors across the blue and white wires. Even very short networks should have these termination resistors installed.

Ok, thank you Ken, I will make it like you have recommand.
But, tell me, in RSNetworx I cannot go online with the 1747 SDN when the 1770KFD driver have not found it in RSLinx. So can I do this 1747 SDN baud rate change in RSNetworx when it is offline?

The recommended method is:

1. Reboot 1747-SDN and watch the number sequence to determine the data rate.
2. Configure RSLinx Classic and the 1770-KFD driver for the same data rate.
3. Go online and use RSNetworx for DeviceNet software to change the 1747-SDN data rate to the desired value.
4. Cycle DeviceNet power and watch the 1747-SDN number sequence again to confirm that the data rate has changed.
5. Configure RSLinx Classic and the 1770-KFD for the new data rate.

Hello Ken, thank you for your answer,

When I have reboot the 1747 SDN, I have observed this following code on the 1747 SDN numeric display:
Is it normal that I have a 0 value from the baud rate?

Hello,

After reboot the 1747 SDN, I have the numeric code display a baud rate 00=125 kb/s . Then, I have delete the last 1770 KFD driver on RSlinx and tried to configure a new 1770KFD driver with the same baud rate 125 kb/s like the 1747 SDN, but the 1770KFD doesn't accept 125 kb/s on RSLinx, it accept only a 500 kb/s when I try to configure the driver, it don't accept 125kb/s.
Please, how can I do? do I change the data rate of the 1747 SDN? and how can I change it data rate? because the 1770 KFD refuse to take this data rate.
When I go to RSNetworx, I don't know where I can change the data rate of the 1747 SDN because,when I make a right click on the property of the 1747 SDN, the is no way were it is baud rate.
Please, can you help me?

Please, look in this attach file my 1770 KFD configuration and the connection to the Network picture.

configréseau.jpg

Attachments

• 1770KFDconfig.doc
    78.5 KB · Views: 9
In fact, the baud rate of the 1747 SDN is 125 kb/s as default
And the baud rate of the 1770 KFD is 500 kb/s

I have try to configure the 1770 KFD baud rate at 125kb/s but, the driver in RSLinx don't accept to take this value. It only accept the value of 500kb/s. So, I am oblige to change the data rate of the 1747 SDN, but I don't know how to do it?

Do you think that the data rate of the 1747 SDN is not sufficient? doesn't the 1747 SDN need a big power?

There's got to be a way to get the 1770-KFD driver to run at 125 kb/s. I don't know why it is not accepting a different data rate.

I have seen this fix some other RSLinx configuration issues:

1. Shut down RSLinx Classic.
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon
3. Find the files harmony.HRC and harmony.RSH.
4. Delete both files.
5. Reboot and restart RSLinx Classic.