Ethernet Communications between 2 x S7 315 2PN/DP PLCS

Hi,

I need to exchange some data between 2 S7 315 2PN/DP PLCs. I have 343-1 Lean Modules on each rack also but I'd like to reserve this for communications with upstream PLC communications.

Is this possible with my current hardware? Right now all I use the ethernet port on the PLCs is for SCADA communications (WinCC 7.0)

If so what is the recommeded approach? Which SFCs should I use?

Thanks

Just for my information:

Attention:
You cannot use communication blocks of library SIMATIC_NET_CP for CPU317-2PN/DP.

Is this because these blocks are for the 343-1 Modules?

You cannot use communication blocks of library SIMATIC_NET_CP for CPU317-2PN/DP.

Is this because these blocks are for the 343-1 Modules?
Yes.

The phrasing is a bit wrong.
It should be: "You cannot use communication blocks of library SIMATIC_NET_CP for the integrated PN port in CPU317-2PN/DP".
If there is a CP in the rack, like you have, then you can use the SIMATIC_NET_CP blocks.

To your original question.

For two 315-2PN/DP CPUs to exchange data via the PN ports, there are these methods:
1. Via S7 connections (setup in NetPro) and PUT/GET. This is the easiest way.
2. Vie Send/Receive and the blocks TCON/TSEND/TRECV/TDISCON. This can be a little daunting the first time.
3. Via PN IO. One CPU is PN IO Controller, and the other is a PN IO Device (aka I-Device). Notice that the other CPU can at the same time be a PN IO Controller for its own IO. The fastest most reliable way, but also the least flexible.