Panelview Compact Communication

DairyBill

I have a Panelview Compact 600 installed (2711PCT6C20D8), and I am using FactoryTalk View Studio V6.0 for programming. Using a crossover cable I cannot access the Panelview. It shows as unrecognized device. Trying to download with the Transfer utility gives error. The listing on the Ethernet network is:
192.68.24.2, Unrecognized Device, PanelView Plus_6 Compact 600

I loaded the program using a USB memory, and now the program communication with the PLC (micrologix 1400 - 1766L32AWAA) is erratic.

I can get the system to work by unplugging the network cable, and plugging it back in: System will occasionally work. At power loss, the system does not regain communication.

Testing the application on laptop connected to PLC is perfect.

I have two of these systems installed, one uses crossover cable, and the other goes through a network switch: both have communication problems. The Ethernet though the Network switch also shows panelview as unrecognized device, but properly lists the IP address.

Thanks!
Bill

Look in C:\Program Files\commonfiles\Rockwell\Help

There is a file called FTViewMEUserENU.pdf

It is also availabe from RSStudio Help Under Online Books, User Manual

Search the word Compact. That Unit has Restrictions. Specifically on what version should be used. On page 14-3
PanelViewPlus compact 400/600/1000 with screen size of 640x480 or 320x40 only suport run-time projects (.mer) created for version 5.1

So when create your runtime app. use the file type window to change the version to 5.1 instead of 6.0

There is also a Checkbox when you create a new Machine Edition Application you can select and if you do when you create a Run-time (.mer) file the only choice available will be 5.1