Panelmate Compact Monitor

chorn46562

Hello all you helpful gurus. LOL. I am just loving these Panelmate Compact I Units. Sarcasm is a dangerous thing. Here at work I have hade a Panlemate Compact screen go dead it has a connector to the Panelmate compact unit that looks like this:

essentially just a female connector from the monitor that plugs into the compact main unit.
My question is: Does anyone know if I can modify a regular monitor such as one that has a 15 pin D shaped connector off of a regular vga monitor to work with the system temporarily until the specific monitor for the unit can be bought or repaird?
My second question is: If a regular monitor cannot be temporarily used is there a way to monitor the screen with a connection to the software? So far with the software I have I can only edit information and upload or download but cannot view it running.

I don't think that the PanelMate compact was VGA. I think the first units with VGA resolution were called the PanelMate 2000.

I'm not aware of any emulation software that will let you run the application on your PC. If I remember correctly, PanelMates of that vintage used Motorola 68000 processors running OS9.

You may be right

Hello. You may be right about that. When I got to tech support they sent me a pinout drawing of an obsolete part number. I built the cable with connectors and it did not work with any monitor I tried. I think that the boss is just gonna have to break down and buy a new monitor built for it. Thankfully those we can still get.
Thanks for responding to my questions though.