PNPN Coupler

lloydsteve

Hello.
Have any one work on a siemens Profinet PNPN Coupler before?
i'm trying to exchange data from one network to another. i am going by the book on the configuration setup but so far i am not successful yet.

In X1 port i have inputs and on X2 port i have a Outputs.
4 bytes on both sides.

All LEDs are greeen on left CPU and X1 port and all green LEDS on right CPU and X2 port. hardward configuration is happy on both projects.

is there something not specified on the manual? or something really simple that i am bypassing?

If all are green you should be able to transfer data
Please post both hardware config screen shots with slots displayed

Here's a copy of my hardware config. This works and I can write to Q outputs in one CPU and see I inputs change in the other- and vice versa

I'm not sure why yours doesn't work- from your HW config it looks correct

I hope this helps you

pnpn.jpg

Found it!

The problem for me was that i was reading/writing outside the process image Area. and that cannot be done using direct addressing so i need to use PIWXXX and PQWXXX on the other side.

DO NOT IW500 or QW500
use PIW500 or PQW500 instead

solved!
thank you
🍻