RSLogix 5000 and Windows 8

Kev77

I searched the forum and found very little results on this topic. I am trying to run RSLogix 5000 on a surface pro 2 tablet and have not had much luck. Everything seemed to install fine and RSLinx works but I can't get Logix to work. When I click the icon it opens to the start screen but when I try and create a project it errors out. I am running version 21, which I guess would really be Studio 5000. Any ideas?

Bumping this to the top...

My employer is wanting to get e a surface pro tablet to run RSlinx/RSlogix on...

I've found very few mentions of it working well.

It looks like the first version to support Windows 8 is version 24. And that's Windows 8 Professional.

Similar Topics

Hi guys, I am trying to install Logix 5000 ver 19.01 on windows 10. Are there any tips for the installation? TIA
Replies
Views
V19 does not run on my Windows 10 laptop, I tried everything - run as administrator - compatibility Vista, 7, XP - reinstall .net framework Has...
Replies
Views
Im running windows 7 on vm and studio 5000 is version 27. I opened a clients file this morning to add expansion i/o and drives and as i was adding...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Status update for posterity, and also request for help! I have spent the day installing as much RA software as possible on Windows...
Replies
Views
Hi. Yesterday my Rslogix5000 20.03.00 just stopped working. I reinstalled it as an Administrator, nothing. I also reinstalled it using...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom