SLC150 Timer programming

gmultani52

Hi,

I can do with slc 500, micrologix and other new version but I am not able to programe timer with slc 150 with laptop. I want to program 4 hour timer. i do not know how it work. Thanks

I assume you have pcis software on your laptop.SLC100/150 timers, RTO(retentive time on) and RTF(retentive time off), use 900 series addresses (901 to 932 I believe) and only have a preset range of 999.9 seconds. Their time base is 1/10 second and use a RST(reset) instruction as with other timers. You can increment a counter with a timer to extend out your timing range to anything you want, say a preset of 9000(900.0 secs) on the timer and 16 on the counter to get your 4 hours.The preset timed out bit is the same as the timer address and an overflow bit (over 999.9 secs) is timer address plus 50. Another trick to get long time outs is to use the processors interal bit 1 second pulse, address 875, to trigger counters. Are you having trouble with the dos software?

I am using pcis software with 98 SE. I trid ctu with 901 PR 0015
And RST element same adress 901, AC 0000 with conditinal Examine ON instruction of 901 in series with RST element, so that it work as a flip flop for testing purpose.
CTU geting pulse but it is not reseting after 15 second. I can not find out if counter is going up after every pulse as we can see in in logix 500.

Other option I tried, 875, ctu /PR 0015,
conditional Examine on instruction of 901 for an output element.
Examine on instruction of output element for RST/AC 0000.
Not working when put into run mode.

Thanks

When I get home tonight, I'll drag a slc150 off the shelf, blow off the dust, and try to replicate what's going on. Dan

Iv'e always had success using this set up for long timing periods (these presets for 15 second test):

001 902 901
-| |--|\|--------(RTO)-
PR 0050

901 902
-| |-------------(CTU)-
PR 0003

901 901
-| |-------------(RST)-
RE 0000

002 902
-| |-------------(RST)-
RE 0000

Never had the need to program the CTU to reset itself, always used some other sequence or discrete to do this, and after trying it out it out in the above rung order, didn't work for me either. I found if you use 902 to energize an output like 011, use 011 bit to trigger the 902 RST but move the RST rung to the beginning of this ladder, it will repeat itself like you want and you can visibly verify this watching 011 pulse every 15 seconds on the front of the unit. Yes, it is a pain not being able to watch the increment with PCIS, but I believe it may be possible with the hand-held programmer although I don't have one to try out. Hope this helps.

It sound that trouble is with software becouse when i programmed with HHP it worked.

Another Question, can a force on/off function is posible with laptop.

thanks

While in run move your cursor over the timer/counter, hit F9 and you can change presets and watch accumulated values. I don,t believe you can force i/o with the software, not with my version (1987) anyway, possibly with a later one. Maybe another member can answer this?