FTalk View SE simple login Page

lunenburger

I am trying to setup a login page for my FactoryTalk View SE Version 7.0 (CPR 9 SR 6)

Basically all I want is 2 users: Services and Process.
To Log in all I want are 2 buttons on the screen, one titled Process and one titled Services.
When one of the buttons is pressed I would like the keypad to pop up and ask for a numeric password, as all we have are touch screens and no keyboards.
Then have the screens display settings look at the security code.
I have a distributed system with a server and 18 clients.

I want to keep things super simple

Thank you in advance.....

I have figured out the whole user account/button login problem.
But I still can't get the numeric input to pop up when it asks for a password in the FactoryTalk View SE Client Login.....

It only pops up when you click on a data entry field, such as a numeric input field. You need to create a popup with the password field on it. When a user clicks on it, the keyboard should appear.

Thank you for the help John,

I can get the Windows OSK to pop up, but it doesn't put any values in to the login dialog.
All it does is make that annoying dinging noise.

I have gone back to the old RSView numeric input and trying to get that to work.
Is the "FactoryTalk View SE Client Login" pop up even acessible to make changes to as it comes from within and not a created display???

OK. I glad you got it working, but the keyboard popup is part of SE and you don't need to program it in. It's activated by the parameters you set up in the client config. The OSK is a different animal. But if you got it working the way you want, that's great.

Yes your right the windows osk is not working the way I hoped it would.
Do you know which parameters I would have to set up in the client config?

I can't find anything on it in the FactoryTalk Manual.

Plus, I was on tech support with Rockwell and the guy I was talking to didn't know anything about it??? He suggested the Windows osk... ($30k per year for tech support?:confused:)

Most of us use the Keyboard OCX supplied for RSView32 in SE. You can search the knowledge base for the download. It works perfectly in SE. The on-screen keyboard for SE really sucks and is confusing at best with the Update and Download buttons and no default for pressing enter.

Thanks all for the help...
I am still having trouble getting the osk (either SE or Windows) from the dialog box on the FactoryTalk login.

Is is possible to get the osk to pop up when the operator touches the password entry box and not have to write a display run parameter?

John, you mentioned setting something up in the client config but I can't find anything on changes that can be made to the FactoryTalk login.

I also talked to Rockwell tech support and he said to use the Windows osk, which really isn't doing what I need it to do.

Thanks

Thanks all for the help...
I am still having trouble getting the osk (either SE or Windows) from the dialog box on the FactoryTalk login.

Is is possible to get the osk to pop up when the operator touches the password entry box and not have to write a display run parameter?

John, you mentioned setting something up in the client config but I can't find anything on changes that can be made to the FactoryTalk login.

I also talked to Rockwell tech support and he said to use the Windows osk, which really isn't doing what I need it to do.

Thanks

You can't use the OSK activeX's with the Login popup. You have to create your own. Create a button called Services and Process. On the action of that button, Invoke the keypad for numeric entry. Also on your window, create a numeric display that's invisible. Then enable VBA scripting on that numeric display and write a VBA event on that script that compares your password and on success does a LOGIN Service Password command. It's ridiculous I know, but it's what SE forces you to do due to its client/server architecture and the fact that events are server based while the login is client based. If you search AB's knowledgebase for how to display a popup window on event it will explain the above method, but instead of displaying a popup you'll issue the login command.

Here's an example of one I used and the VBA verbage on the invisible numeric display:

Private Sub NumericDisplay1_Change()

If Not IsError(NumericDisplay1.Value) Then
If NumericDisplay1.Value = 1 Then
ExecuteCommand "Abort Security Lock"
ExecuteCommand "Display Status Bar"
End If
End If

End Sub

In your case it would be

Private Sub NumericDisplay1_Change()

If Not IsError(NumericDisplay1.Value) Then
If NumericDisplay1.Value = 1234 Then (where 1234 is your password)
ExecuteCommand "Login Services 1234"
End If
End If

End Sub

Note: On the NumericDisplay1 which is your invisible display, the password tag would be configured in it. The same tag would be configured as the connection in your OSK OCX.

Last edited: