Fun With Numbers

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member

OK I thought that I was on to sumptin.
It seems that the longer the post, the bigger the number.
Maybe there is a timer on the wall or a stop watch on the desk and he's writing down elapsed seconds.
Then I get this.

Two Words! Couldn't have taken that long to compose.

Eric's site is very cool, but it didn't help me much.

???

It's beginning to lose its "FUN" aspect...

No comment...
bah.gif

beerchug

-Eric

(FUTW)

Eric, I just read your response to George's thread. I'm saddened by it.

The "number site" cited by George, apparently originally cited by you is... O-U-T-R-A-G-E-O-U-0-S!

I can't remember all of the "lousy" clues I gave you but here is a general compilation with maybe a few extra clues...

My number has nothing to do with a clock, per se,... except that the passage of time "sometimes" has an influence on the number. Keep reading.

I indicated that the number does not reflect "where I am" but rather, "where I was".

I asked you if you knew of a stepper method other than time-based. That other stepper-type is "event-based". There is also the event-timed stepper... but that one doesn't apply.

I also told you that the number is more for my self than anything else. It's really an ego-thing.

Now, I add, George is very close to seeing through my game.

This is the big give-away... If I was to start a thread, and carry through with the game, and I have been tempted, I'm sure the game would be seen through!

George, you are very, very close!

Now... don't forget... this simply was a "thing" that I started to do for my ego.

Anyone that doesn't understand this has not read the "NEW HERE?" at the top of the site-page.

Eric, don't give up! YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES! You have the tenacity!

George, like the "dark-horse", you come running up on the inside rail!

GEORGE! ERIC!... ERIC! GEORGE!... GEORGE! ERIC!... ERIC! GEORGE!

And the Winner is...

Nooo... there ain't no prize money. Only the satisfaction of beating the Ba$tard!

And his stupid game.... don't forget... I was doing it for me... not anyone else.

Terry Woods said:
I indicated that the number does not reflect "where I am" but rather, "where I was".
Perhaps we should have inferred that, but you never STATED that. You stated:

Originally posted by Terry Woods in THIS POST
It's NOT where YOU are in Time, but rather, where I am in Time.

Just as an aside (tangent?),
I usually know WHO I am,
Most of the time I know WHERE I am,
but, usually, I'll be damned if I know WHEN I am.

I see no "was" in the above, nor in any of your replys in my Inbox (which is rapidly reaching max. capacity with you so-called "clues")... :D

One question: If you don't post a number (like your post in this thread), should WE be able to determine the number (EXACT number) that you would have posted, based on information we have access to?... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

(FUTW) :p

Ok I am going way out on a limb, and guess that it's the View count of the thread before you post. :rolleyes:

I won't pretend to thoroughly undestand this one.

So, I will add piece from a number web site about some distant cousin of mine i will probably never meet.

In 1998, largest known "Sophie Germain" prime: 92305.216998 + 1 was discovered by Chip Kerchner. In 1998, major "theoretical" improvement: ability to test k.bn + 1, for small b, in about the same time as a number k.2n + 1 of the same size. Transform of Proth.exe was totally rewritten in 1999: testable numbers extended to 5,000,000 digits. Efficient test of Generalised Fermat Numbers (b2n + 1) was implemented: test of a GFN is up to 2 times faster than a number k.2n + 1 of the same size.

If all else fails, read the manual, right CODSACK?

Plan B, call A-B Tech Support. OOOOPS, I used GE Fanuc and saved 80% on that project.

Plan C: Take 2 asprin, call me in the morning.....

regards.....casey

Dear God, could it be that simple? Seems to fit the clues, though... :nodi:

Good job, George!... (y)

And damn you, Terry!... :D

beerchug

-Eric

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!

TA-DAAAAAA !!!!!!!

The DARK-HORSE slipped in, unseen, along the inside rail, then pulled up neck & neck with the Favorite. Then in a remarkable feat of observational skill, the DARK-HORSE lept out on a limb and pulled it off!!!

The Winner is...

GEORGE... By a Schnozola !!!!!!!

Eric... Didn't I say somewhere in one of the clues that this whole thing was really just a silly ego thing?

I hope that's the end of (FUTW)... although I gotta say, I laughed my arse off for twenty minutes after seeing it! (LUEN)

(300)

Terry Woods said:
I hope that's the end of (FUTW)... although I gotta say, I laughed my arse off for twenty minutes after seeing it! (LUEN)

That was my intended purpose... :D

I'm glad George figured it out. Now I can throw away those reams of paper I used analyzing the data. Actually, it was just a few sheets... :oops:

beerchug

-Eric

(LU2T)

Actually the Ego thing tipped me off too.

I think that Ian still owes Tom that Slab O' Vic!

Now if I cn just figure out... something useful.

;-)

Good for you George!!!

With respect to the "Slab-o'-Vic" I promised Ian a couple of years ago to pay the the cost of shipping one to Tom. The promise still stands... I say what I mean and mean what I say. I'm anal that way.

(LU2E) ...nuff said.