DDE Server Problems

GHO III

I am not a programer but I do have to operate a scada system in a water pumping station. We had a short accross a phase on a 2400v busbar above a soft start cabinet and shortly after we have had computer problems. The surge protection in the battery backup must have missed the surge. I have attached a printout that shows an error that our programer seems to not know much about. He is from a company that put the system in but is very slow to fix problems as long as we can pump water. This plays havoc with our reports. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

p.s. all errors have the same description.

buffers.jpg

Having been in the water and wastewater field for a while, I suspect that getting a responsive integrator at this point is not a viable option.

GHO, the screen didn't come through, so perhaps you could re-post the screen shot or paraphrase the message.

In the DDE/OPC Communication Event Log it shows in the error topic AB_KT-1\001 :F32:83 5/10/04 7:12:01h for example. Then for all of the errors in the affected item list (tags for pump runtime)it shows the same description Local error:No buffer Space The destination node is out of buffer space. It would be easier to see the whole page but all i have at the moment is a paper copy from work. Hope this helps some. Thank you!

Found the problem. Evidently the power surge corrupted the driver files in RSlinx. I re-installed the software and was fumbling through the processor settings and noticed that some channel settings and node setings did not match. By this time no help was in sight and things could not get much worse, I matched the settings and everything started to work and all the error messages went away. I am slowly learning to get around through our system and learn more every day. AB was not very helpful,but wandering through their tech support site did get me somewhat closer to the problem and settings that needed to be changed in the processor.
PLCS.net is the best place to find solutions.

Don't feel bad. I think RSLinx can be really touchy. I was trying to get some OPC tags to work with RSLinx Gateway yesterday. I had two of three PLCs responding just fine and the third gave me any of a number of errors.

After a lot of downloads to the PLC and re-checking my OPC tags, the solution turned out to be rebooting the machine that was hosting Gateway. For some reason, closing RSLinx wasn't enough.

AK