Square D Micro-1 PLC

chorn46562

We have an automated buffer here at the company that uses computer numerical control and also has 1 Micro-1 PLC from the Square D company. It also says class 8003 and the manual that I have found shows it uses SFW30 Programming software. I have been just browsing through their website at Square D but haven't found anything yet.
Does anyone out there know where I can obtain the software and possibly a cable to communicate with this PLC so that I can backup the program on it in case it fails at some point and needs to be replaced.

Thanks for your time.
Chris Horn

Idec software is not guaranteed to be compatible with Square D brand labeled Micro1 PLCs.

The Micro1 is RS422 based so the normal programming cable contains a converter. These cable are available from Niobrara Researdch and Development for about US$214:
http://www.niobrara.com/cables/scm1d.pdf

The DOS based software (does not work very well on processors faster than 10mHz) Square D 8010SFW30 is still available for about US$400.

For price verus perfomance you might try Ebay or one of the many PLC resellers (http://www.symaxexchange.com/Web_Publishing_1Page8.html).