Modicon coils

tomneth

I'm having problems with Modicon coils that I configured. I'm using a Modicon 984A and configured 1408 output coils. Through most of the program the software (fastrak) shows that coils 1-1408 are valid. I have one network that shows only coils 1-1377 are valid. I'm not able to use the extra coils because I get a message stating that the coils are already used. I've tried almost everything I can think of. Anybody ever run into to this or have any idea what's wrong?

Check the processor configuration and see if those coils were allocated for battery or SFC etc.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)

When I do a search for the coils it shows that they are not used. I don't understand why one single network would have a different range of valid I/O's then the rest of the program. And what tops it off is that I'm not even able to delete anything from that particular network. I don't see anything that would disallow it, but the program won't let me.

984 Ladder Logic networks are nothing more than a grouping of logic, so every network has access to single State RAM (coil table). There is no provision in your 984A processor to restict any feature based on a particular network.

Is this problem network in a different segement?

I am not familiar with Fastrack software, does it really show a seperate coil listing for each network?

Thanks for your reply Jim. The problem network is in the same segment. When I click any coil in that network the valid range is shown at the bottem of the screen. Any other network in the program shows the valid range as I have it configured. I haven't gotten a reply from the software vendor yet but am hoping to hear from them soon. My range of configured coils is 1408 for discrete coils, 240 for input coils, 32 for input registers and 1904 for holding registers. I'm not able to use the last 32 discrete coils (01377-01408) although the PLC configuration shows them and they show up as valid in all but one network. I don't believe I am over the valid range for a 984A processor, am I?

As it turns out there was a problem with the coils used table. Tech support at FasTrak said they created a new program, set the configuration the same as the old, then merged the logic which forces the coils used table to be rebuilt. Problem solved.